It’s been a while since I last wrote about the renovation, mostly because I’ve been busy with both the real estate market and the Reno. As you can see from the photos, both walls in the middle of the house have been removed, the framing has been completed, the drywall is up, and both the electrical and plumbing rough-ins have passed inspection. Today we had the drywall company mud everything for the second time to allow everything to dry for Monday’s final sand. On Monday we will also start with the tiling and painting. We’ll prime everything, then paint the ceilings, so that we can put in the kitchen cabinets on Wednesday. Wall colours will follow, as well as tiling the entry and putting hardwood on the stairs.
Lighting has been a bit of an issue in the living room, because the vaulted ceiling is only 8′ thick. With the limited space it will be costly to put in pot lights, and I have mixed feelings about how track lighting will look in that space. I’ve thought about upward facing light boxed on either side of the room, but that also would be expensive because we haven’t opened up any of the walls or ceiling for any other purpose. If I had another week and $2000, I could come up with something great, but I have neither at this point.
I’ve had an amazing amount of interest about what I’m doing, so if any of you are interested in seeing it in person, give me a call and I’m happy to take you through the place. Also, I have a great team, so if you want something similar, we can chat with you about that as well. Just find me through the contact button above…
Follow the Entire Vancouver Special Renovation series:
- Plans Complete – A Vancouver Special Renovation
- 3D Drawings – A Vancouver Special Renovation
- Demolition – A Vancouver Special Renovation
- Drywall – A Vancouver Special Renovation
- Interior Lighting – A Vancouver Special Renovation
- Final Stretch of Interior – A Vancouver Special Renovation
- Exterior – A Vancouver Special Renovation
- Rain Screening – A Vancouver Special Renovation
- Exterior Painting – A Vancouver Special Renovation
- Front of House – A Vancouver Special Renovation
- Completed Interior – A Vancouver Special Renovation